Sunday, April 8, 2012

Daytona Lagoon

I look forwards to my family's annual vacation to Florida, but I must confess I find myself rather restless during the time we spend in Daytona Beach. I don't particularly care for the beach and spend the majority of my time in the hotel room, typically watching TV or reading a book. On impulse, I decided to take a walk one day and ended up hiking six miles to Daytona Lagoon, a small boardwalk of sorts a bit North of our hotel.

My hike consisted mainly of towering hotel after towering hotel.

The observation tower was visible from some distance off, but it ended-up being closed.

Although, had it been open, I don't think I would've trusted riding in it.

The remainder of the area looked decent enough.

The park consisted of a small collection of flat rides, alongside a decent go-kart track.

The Ferris Wheel was the main attraction.

Tilt-a-Whirl too.

And the go-kart track.

There was also a small collection of arcades in the area, filled with skee ball and the likes.

Nearby was also a Sling Shot ride, one of my favorite thrill rides.

It was very similar to Kings Island's version, pardon some minor differences.

For example, the control panel was very simplistic. It's location...

...was a few mere feet from the launching ball. Sketchy.


Some Walt Disney World stuff before eventually wrapping-up the Florida shenanigans and moving closer to the present.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Loved your pictures of the Boardwalk! Would you mind if we used some of them for our Boardwalk Facebook page? You can contact me at samantha@andrettikarting.com

    ReplyDelete