Sunday, April 15, 2012

Disney Shenanigans

Although I'm attempting to recap the past year with these weekly updates, I feel like I'll be spending a good chunk of 2012 before I reach anything current. Therefore, I've combined three separate days of Disney parks into a single update. No order whatsoever, just random pictures and random thoughts.

The morning sprint down Disney's Hollywood Studios' Sunset Boulevard.

When a park has so few major rides as this one does, it's no wonder the lines are so long.

I dislike strollers immensely.

Despite no big drops, fast speeds, or intense elements, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is one of my all-time favorite roller coasters.

Random fact - a raven was initially planned to narrate the Haunted Mansion and multiple raven animatronics remain inside the attraction.

Award for most overrated ride in Florida goes to...

I understand a firework fall-out zone would need to be implemented, but I would love if Kings Island tried something like this with their nightly show.

I'm curious as to how many guests, on average, are at a Disney park at any given point in time.

From another day, the park is much less crowded when you schedule a character breakfast before opening.

Now that Disney is enforcing its Fastpass return times, it is no longer possible to build-up a collection of Fastpasses, as seen here.

I've always enjoyed Main Street's collection of buildings.

Disney's Typhoon Lagoon is an amazingly themed water park, although its offerings are a tad limited.

The lazy river though, which encircles the park, is an extraordinary attraction. Caves, water features, and multiple entrances and exits make it a great ride.


I still have at least six or seven updates from 2011, and then I'll hopefully begin sharing the random happenings from this year.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. What a nice collection! I got this link from timesfeed.com. Please update your blog more often. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete