Sunday, March 4, 2012

May & June 2011

Continuing with the "What I've failed at posting about over the past year", here's a highlight of my May and June 2011 activities. My junior year of high school was wounding down and I was flooded with projects, tests, and extracurricular activities, but my free time exploded once the school year ended in June. Following this, I spent the majority of my days working at or visiting Kings Island.

WindSeeker remained closed the full month of June without a definite date of opening.

Dinosaurs Alive!, the park's new animatronic dinosaur park, was also under construction.

The park also played host to small crowds most of May, meaning short waits and empty queues.

The first thing I did once school let-out was visit the park with my two-year-old nephew.

Gotta love where we parked ;-)

WindSeeker (finally) opened in late June, so a close friend and I headed to the park that day to give it a spin.

The weather was warm, the crowds were growing, and summer was just beginning. Pretty great time.

It was also about this time we decided to give Dinosaurs Alive! a try.

To sum it up, there are dinosaurs...

...and more dinosaurs...

...and a couple more. Overall, lots of dinosaurs.

I'll post another entry in a week or so, highlighting July 2011. Maybe I'll even get around to some current content soon enough... maybe =P

1 comment: